Williams Adley Community Action by Responsible Employees in Service (WA CARES), is the firm’s community service committee that addresses the current and future needs of our metropolitan area. WA CARES uses direct employee participation and corporate sponsorship to support those organizations and projects that empower others to excel. Our primary efforts are centered on feeding and clothing men, women, and children; educating youth; and raising funds for health causes and disaster relief.
Clothing and Mentoring Women
STRIVE is a local non-profit organization that assists “hard to employ” women prepare for the corporate workforce. WA CARES supports STRIVE by providing business clothing, mentoring women, conducting mock interviews, offering resume building sessions, and assisting with employment applications.
Toiletries for Veterans
Our staff collect toiletries from their travels and collect donations to contribute to local organizations supporting veterans.
Supporting Health Causes and Disaster Relief Efforts
WA CARES actively participates in various fundraising efforts and service events throughout the year to help raise awareness and necessary funds for health related causes, to feed and cloth the homeless, and to support disaster relief efforts. Notable efforts include:
- Collection of funds for the American Red Cross
- Susan G Komen - Race for the Cure
- Shoe Drive
- Gifts For The Homeless
- Food 2 Feed
- Thanksgiving Dinner for Seniors
- DC Servathon
- Diabetes Walk
We also sponsor a year-round “Jeans Friday” that supports our semi-annual food donation to the DC Food Bank/Central Kitchen and a monetary contribution to So Others Might Eat.
Our WA CARES team assisted Junior Achievement as Educators at Anne Beers Elementary School.
Supporting Youth Education and Programs
Children are our future and Williams Adley understands that education is critical to their success. WA CARES sponsors an annual book drive as well as a backpack drive to support local elementary schools and tutors and mentors children in the metropolitan area.
Additionally, we support youth organizations like the Boys and Girls Club and lead an annual toy drive for the Toys for Tots Foundation and A Wider Circle.
Through our various efforts we show our local community that WA CARES!
Each year WA CARES works with a local organization to support a local family in celebrating the holiday season.
2013 to 2018 Donations and Events
- Junior Achievement: Together with 15 members of our team, WACares taught young people in Washington, D.C. innovative financial literacy.
- St. Jude's Walk/Run: Raised funds and walk/ran to end childhood cancer.
- Feed the DMV: Collected toiletries and household items to support veterans moving into housing.
- Thanksgiving Baskets: Collected food items for 3 families to celebrate Thanksgiving.
- Holiday "Adopt A Family": Collectively purchased gifts for a family's Christmas tree.
- Montgomery County Coalition: We donated 50 pounds of toiletries.
- Toys for Tots Campaign: We donated a total of 367 toys in 2012 and 2013.
- Backpack Drive: Between 2012 and 2017 we have donated over 200 backpacks filled with school supplies to DC schools.
- Monetary donations
- So Others Might Eat: We donated a total of over $3,600.
- American Red Cross: We donated $1,500 to help for the Nepal relief efforts